A few days back, we announced Gridle integration with Github (more about it here) and after that we started receiving multiple request form our users who were using Gitlab (as their git client/ version control system) that though the Github integration is helpful for their open source projects, they maintain their private projects on Gitlab (Note: you get Unlimited projects, free forever with ZERO restrictions) and we also want to see Gridle integrating with Gitlab. So here it is:
If you are one of those teams using Gridle, that is into development and collaborating on your code using Gitlab, you would fall in love with what we have introduced on Gridle, just for teams like yours.
Recently we have enabled users on Gridle to integrate their Gitlab repositories with their projects, thereby letting the team know about what is going on in their Gitlab repo from Gridle itself (such as New Commits Pushed etc).
Here’s the guide:
To set up Gitlab Integration on Gridle, just follow these Steps:
- On your Desk, Click on your Workspace Name on the top left corner and click on Manage Workspace. Then, click on Integrations on the Left Navigation Bar. You will come on a screen that loosely looks like this →
- Click on the Configure button Next to Gitlab, the following Window would open:
Select a Project, and then Copy the URL generated below and Click on the Configure Integration Button.
Head to Gitlab, and in your account, go to the repository that you’d like to get updates about on Gridle. Click on the Gitlab Settings tab.
- Click on the Gear icon on the right navigation bar, and then press Integrations.
- Under the** URL**, paste the link that you generated on Gridle, under Gitlab Configuration. Under the events section, select Just the push event (Currently only the Push events are supported). Make sure the Enable SSL verification is selected. Press the Add Webhook button when done.
- Done! Gitlab has been configured, and whenever you or any of your team members performs an activity on the selected Gitlab repository, Alfred, your personal assistant/butler within Gridle, will send out a message in the Project that it has been integrated with, containing details and a link for quick view as you can see below.
Awesome, ain’t it?
Have a great time coding cool stuff! Also, if you are looking for a different integration, tell us about it on firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll build it within 7 days straight. Start to finish.
Until next time.